Orca enables you to create, modify, or delete:
- Website Bindings
- Application Pools
- Web Applications
- Virtual Directories
- Server Config Files for IIS
- IIS Features
- IIS Config (XML) Files
Automate IIS Configuration Management Video
Intuitive configuration management interface
Orca provides all of the above out-of-the-box for IIS configuration, so you don’t need to do any scripting yourself. However, if you’ve written your own PowerShell or Batch scripts, or you just have a command you need to run, it’s easy to add these steps in the Orca workflow as well.
We understand that sometimes configuring IIS is more than just automating one step. With Orca, you can create and execute repeatable workflows that also configure necessary items at the OS level.
With Orca you can create, modify, or delete:
- Files and Directories (Including Permissions)
- Registry Keys and Values
- System Services
Automating IIS configuration with Orca saves time and errors.
|Configure IIS||Monitor IIS Configurations||View & Compare IIS Configurations||Remediate IIS Configurations|
|Orca (out of the box)||5 minutes or less||5 minutes or less||Seconds||5 minutes or less|
|PowerShell||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||Not possible unless the script dumps XML which you then use another tool to view. Very onerous.||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts|
|Manual||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||Several hours or days||Several hours|
- Inventories and continually monitors IIS configurations across all servers and environments.
- Stores all captured configurations so you can easily see IIS configurations from a week ago, a month ago, or last year.
- Compares configurations across points-in-time or different servers/environments.
- Detects drift.
- Identifies unexpected IIS server differences.
- Detects compliance issues.
- Automates remediation and routine configuration changes.