Orca enables you to create, modify, or delete:
- Application Servers
- Clusters (Including Dynamic Clusters)
- JDBC Resources
- JMS, Mail, and URL Resources
- Shared Libraries
- Virtual Hosts
- Web Servers
- Resource Environments
- Custom Properties
- Environment Entries
Automate WebSphere Configuration Management Video
Intuitive configuration management interface
We understand that configuring WebSphere is very difficult and often more than just automating one step. With Orca, you can create and execute repeatable workflows to create, modify, or delete your WebSphere configuration settings.
Orca provides all of the above out-of-the-box, so you don’t need to do any scripting yourself. However, if you’ve written your own scripts, or you just have a command you need to run, it’s easy to add these steps in the Orca workflow as well.
Automating WAS configuration with Orca saves time and errors.
|Configure WAS||Monitor WAS Configurations||View & Compare WAS Configurations||Remediate WAS Configurations|
|Orca (out of the box)||5 minutes or less||5 minutes or less||Seconds||5 minutes or less|
|Homegrown Scripts||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||Not possible unless the script dumps XML which you then use another tool to view. Very onerous.||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts|
|Manual||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||5 minutes or less, once you write and maintain the scripts||Several hours or days||Several hours|
- Inventories and continually monitors WebSphere configuration settings across all cells and environments.
- Stores all captured configurations so you can easily see WebSphere configuration settings from a week ago, a month ago, or last year.
- Compares configurations across points-in-time or different cells.
- Detects drift.
- Detects compliance issues.
- Automates remediation and routine configuration changes.