Need a BladeLogic Middleware Automation (BMA) alternative?
If you are seeking a BMA replacement, consider this
- Orca supports many different types of applications in different environments. BMA supports Java EE applications only.
- Orca is faster and less resource intensive than BMA whose agentless architecture relies on middleware-specific connections (such as gathering WAS configurations via the SOAP port and pulling all the MBeans).
- Audit and drift compliance policy reporting is built into Orca. BMA can only detect drift from a known good or standard.
- Orca supports the full stack, managing configurations of operating systems, databases, other middleware, etc.
- Orca licensing costs less than annual BMA support costs.
- Orca has a more modern, intuitive interface.
- Orca includes integrated role based access control (RBAC).
- Orca has integrated calendaring and workflow.
Click the image above for a printable PDF version of this chart in a new tab.
With its full stack support of hybrid environments, Orca provides both configuration automation and application release automation with an intuitive interface that slashes time and errors.