Compare configurations across applications, middleware, databases and operating systems.
Looking for a config compare tool? Or config diff tool? Here is a way to automatically compare configurations in IIS, WebSphere Application Server, SQL Server, Oracle, and more.
Now that we’ve told you how Orca determines your infrastructure configurations, let’s look at Orca’s comparison capabilities.
In this complex world of configuration, “compare” can mean different things to different people. But don’t worry – no matter the use case we have you covered.
Each time Orca captures the configurations of your applications, middleware, databases, and OS, it can automatically compare the configuration against a known standard (such as a gold master revision or gold master server) as well as your compliance standards. To see more about how we do this, read about drift detection and compliance enforcement using Orca.
Equally important is the ability to perform on-demand comparisons of configurations between environments or between points-in-time. Orca highlights the configuration differences that easily escape notice in less visually-oriented tools. Sometimes the configuration differences are inconsequential. Other times those differences indicate previously hidden problems that can lead to application performance issues, compliance violations, security vulnerabilities or outages.
Need to compare config settings between Dev, Test, Staging & Prod?
Let’s look at a configuration comparison use case.
You’ve released your application to Production. The application won’t come up but you know it’s not a code issue. The application is running fine in your Staging environment. How do you know what’s different between environments? How do you know which configuration changes were made by the application deployment to Production? Comparing configurations between environments or between different points-in-time can take hours, days, or you may sometimes never find the configuration mismatch.
How do you know what’s different between environments? How do you know which configuration changes were made by the application deployment to Production?
- Automate IIS Configuration Management
- backup configurations restore your settings
- Change Audit Compliance Reporting
- Cherwell Integration Automation/
- Compare Configurations
- Comparing Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Orca
- Compliance and Security
- Compliance Enforcement
- Configuration Automation
- Configuration Catastrophe Contest. DevOops.
- Configuration Change Control
- Configuration Drift Detection
- Configuration Management – An Orca Overview
- Configuration management tool for Windows, Linux and Unix
- Contact Us
- Contact Us Thanks
- Database Configuration Management
- Database Schema Management
- Database Schema Management copy
- Determine Configuration Settings
- Devops Developers Solution
- DevOps for the CFO
- DevOps QA Solution
- DevOps solution for DBA Managers
- DevOps Solution for IT Operations
- Disaster recovery. DevOps. Not DevOops.
- Download Trial
- fix IIS pings of death pingsofdeath security problem with orca
- Free Online Trial! Configuration Drift Detection
- Free Trial! Configuration Drift Detection Tool
- Free Trial! Configuration Drift Detection Tool backup
- Get Started
- HIPAA Compliance
- HIPAA White Paper Download Thank You
- Home Page
- How Orca Works
- IIS Configuration Management Made Easy
- Join Orca
- Middleware Migration
- My Account
- Newsletter Thanks
- Old Home Page
- Open Source
- Operating Systems
- Oracle Configuration Management
- Orca Blog
- orca blog thanks
- Orca Bytes Newsletter
- Orca Demo
- Orca Featured Webinar Page
- Orca is a DevOps Solution for Enterprise Architects
- Other Infrastructure
- PowerShell Scripts for IIS, SQL Server, MSMQ, SharePoint Configuration Management
- Reduce Mean Time To Diagnose MTTD Confguration Errors
- Request Demo
- Request Demo Thanks
- Request Pricing For My Environment
- Request Pricing Thanks
- Request Trial Thanks
- Rollback configurations
- ServiceNow Integration and Automation
- Shopping Cart
- Support Terms
- Thank you for signing up for the 30 day free trial for Drift Detector!
- Try Orca
- Unix Application Servers
- Unix Application Servers Configuration
- Unix Operating Systems
- User Docs
- WebSphere Application Server Configuration Management
- WebSphere Configuration Management Made Easy
- What is Configuration Management?
- Why Orca?
- Windows Application Servers
- Windows Application Servers Configuration
- Windows Application Servers Configuration
- Windows Application Servers Configuration4
- zzzzzzz Private Archive
With Orca you can easily compare your Production configurations to your other environments, such as the configurations in your Staging environment. You can also compare Production configurations before and after the application release, so you immediately know which configurations changed as a result of the release that may be causing problems.
And you can do these comparisons for any part of the application stack! Easily know how the database schema changed, the middleware configurations changed, as well as how the OS configurations changed.