Orca helps you determine configuration settings by capturing all configurations for your infrastructure including your applications, databases, middleware and operating systems.
How is Orca different?
Orca captures infrastructure configurations for all your environments and displays the captured configurations in a human readable map in Orca’s management console. We call this an “inventory”, but you may know it as a configuration snapshot or configuration collection.
Why is this important?
Many tools, including scripts, homegrown tools, or other open source or commercial tools allow you to set a desired state for a configuration (DSC), but you never actually get to see what the configurations are and how they relate to one another. With Orca you can log into a console and within seconds being able to see all your detailed middleware, database, application, and OS configurations. You can also view the configurations from any point in time in the past. Your team immediately becomes more efficient because you know what changed, when it changed, and how it changed, and you instantly know what configurations have changed between application releases, or even as the result of a release.
With Orca you do not have to write scripts to determine your current infrastructure configurations. Orca already knows what configurations need to be gathered and immediately starts gathering them for you without any scripting or detailed knowledge needed.
You need visibility first!
Other configuration automation tools force you to determine (and script) up front what you want your configurations to look like before you apply them. But sometimes all you’re really looking for is visibility that gets you to the core issues at hand right now and also lets you see what’s been going on in the past.
Beyond just viewing your configuration inventory, you can also compare configurations, store your configurations, and view out of compliance configurations.
How powerful would it be to instantly know what configurations have changed between application releases, or even as the result of a release?
- Automate IIS Configuration Management
- backup configurations restore your settings
- Change Audit Compliance Reporting
- Cherwell Integration Automation/
- Compare Configurations
- Comparing Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Orca
- Compliance and Security
- Compliance Enforcement
- Configuration Automation
- Configuration Catastrophe Contest. DevOops.
- Configuration Change Control
- Configuration Drift Detection
- Configuration Management – An Orca Overview
- Configuration management tool for Windows, Linux and Unix
- Contact Us
- Contact Us Thanks
- Database Configuration Management
- Database Schema Management
- Database Schema Management copy
- Determine Configuration Settings
- Devops Developers Solution
- DevOps for the CFO
- DevOps QA Solution
- DevOps solution for DBA Managers
- DevOps Solution for IT Operations
- Disaster recovery. DevOps. Not DevOops.
- Download Trial
- fix IIS pings of death pingsofdeath security problem with orca
- Free Online Trial! Configuration Drift Detection
- Free Trial! Configuration Drift Detection Tool
- Free Trial! Configuration Drift Detection Tool backup
- Get Started
- HIPAA Compliance
- HIPAA White Paper Download Thank You
- Home Page
- How Orca Works
- IIS Configuration Management Made Easy
- Join Orca
- Middleware Migration
- My Account
- Newsletter Thanks
- Old Home Page
- Open Source
- Operating Systems
- Oracle Configuration Management
- Orca Blog
- orca blog thanks
- Orca Bytes Newsletter
- Orca Demo
- Orca Featured Webinar Page
- Orca is a DevOps Solution for Enterprise Architects
- Other Infrastructure
- PowerShell Scripts for IIS, SQL Server, MSMQ, SharePoint Configuration Management
- Reduce Mean Time To Diagnose MTTD Confguration Errors
- Request Demo
- Request Demo Thanks
- Request Pricing For My Environment
- Request Pricing Thanks
- Request Trial Thanks
- Rollback configurations
- ServiceNow Integration and Automation
- Shopping Cart
- Support Terms
- Thank you for signing up for the 30 day free trial for Drift Detector!
- Try Orca
- Unix Application Servers
- Unix Application Servers Configuration
- Unix Operating Systems
- User Docs
- WebSphere Application Server Configuration Management
- WebSphere Configuration Management Made Easy
- What is Configuration Management?
- Why Orca?
- Windows Application Servers
- Windows Application Servers Configuration
- Windows Application Servers Configuration
- Windows Application Servers Configuration4
- zzzzzzz Private Archive
Example Video: Automatically determining configuration settings in WebSphere Application Server and in IIS
How to determine configurations